Last modified: February 22, 2021
Head Toward College ("Company" or "We") respects your privacy and we are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide
when you visit the website
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including information you share with us by standard postal mail or fedex; or
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to, on or through our Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or register/sign up for our any of our services. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at:
Head Toward College
84 Bowers Street
Newtonville, MA 02460
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and those parents and students who engage us to provide services and/or to receive our newsletters or programming. The types of information we collect include:
- Information that personally identifies you, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, religious affiliations (optional) and other personal information (“personal information");
- Information that is about you but does not directly identify you individually, such as website cookies or other common tracking technologies; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners. Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website and when you sign up for our services, such as when you fill out and return our proprietary U-Profile information. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our newsletter, signing up for one of our programming options, or otherwise requesting our services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders for our services. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, such as comments on our blog posts for example (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted publicly, and users should be mindful of whether they wish such comments to be published before posting.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information .
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information .
Third-Party Payment Processor
We use a third-party payment processor to process payments made to us. In connection with the processing of such payments, we do not retain any personally identifiable information or any financial information such as credit card numbers. Rather, all such information is provided directly to our third party processors: PayPal and Quickbooks, whose use of your personal information is governed by their privacy policies, which may be viewed at https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/privacy/privacyhub and at https://www.intuit.com/privacy/ , respectively.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To offer you related services from us that we think you may be interested in learning about.
- To conduct market research for our internal purposes only.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your subscriptions with us, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To obtain services you request from us that come from third party service partners (such as, for example, financial aid or other college consultants).
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or registration form) firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information .
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Head Toward College’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Head Toward College about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use to communicate with you about your account or about our services, we will share your email with our email service provider exclusively for those purposes.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Head Toward College, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out either by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website. Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: firstname.lastname@example.org/ https://headtowardcollege.com/ However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute's opt-out requirements.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
If you register with our Website or subscribe to our services, you can review and change your personal information by sending us an email at Privacy@headtowardcollege.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
84 Bowers Street, Newtonville, MA 02460